Assured Shorthold Tenancy Management
Salter Rex offers a comprehensive and high class management for assured shorthold tenanted flats.
Our management team comprise of a dedicated team of property managers assisted by property management assistants in the day to day management, maintenance and liaison with landlords and tenants alike.
Our AST management includes the following:
This includes arranging for the collection of rents before the due dates for payments to be made in advance, arrears chasing and payments made to clients once rents have been collected.
We ensure that rents are collected on due dates and payments made promptly to clients.
We will notify landlords on realising any issues with rent payments and help through the process of arrears chasing and any legal action needed to be taken.
Dealing with and monitoring the process of repairs.
This will include engaging contractors and ensuring repairs are carried out and inspecting works where necessary.
We will organise periodic gas safety and electrical tests on behalf of clients, taking the inventory and preparing schedule of dilapidation at the beginning and end of tenancy. Arranging for professional cleaning etc we will also help advice clients on legislative information upon request and our accounts team will deal with the reconciliation of deposits and will handle any insurance claims pertaining to the property on request from clients as permitted by the FSA.
Our in-house team of surveyors will also be on hand to help with any issues of a professional nature needing surveyor’s advice.
Residential Block Management
Our residential block management team manages properties comprising of small medium to large properties.
Our block management team provide management services to freeholders, residential management companies, right to manage companies and are LVT appointed as managers for a number of properties.
We rely on a dedicated team of experienced property managers supported by reliable and knowledgeable assistants backed by reliable management software that allows us to proactively manage properties on behalf of our clients.
Our qualified Chartered Surveyors are on hand to help deal with any technical issues relating to properties under management and the immediate availability to us means that any such issues are dealt with promptly efficiently and professionally to alleviate any potential risk to the property.
Major works issues are also dealt with in house and a liaison between the property management department and surveying department ensures that management services are provided with value for money and quality in mind.
Our services include:
1. A delivery of service charge demands to lessees and accounting for same to the freeholder/management company,
2. Submission of demands for service charges due from the tenants at appropriate intervals in accordance with terms of the lease.
3. Dealing with all outgoings from service charge accounts in respect of day to day maintenance and making payments of authorised and appropriate bills where funds are available.
4. Administering building insurance and other insurances where these are necessary.
5. Engaging and supervising staff such as cleaners, gardeners, porters, etc.
6. Arranging and supervising maintenance, maintenance contractors, in relation to services to your property.
7. Inspecting the property at regular intervals to check on maintenance, repairs etc as required and also the supervision of staff and their duties etc.
8. Dealing with all routine management enquiries.
9. Keeping records regarding details of tenancies and other matters relating to their property including details of payments made and received etc.
10. Arranging for the preparation of annual service charge accounts and liaising with company’s accountants for the audit of these accounts and the preparation of the accounts of the company etc. as well as submitting summary of accounts of income and expenditure in accordance with the terms of lease.
11. Preparation of budgets for the proposed service charge year in consultation client’s and lessees.
12. Liaising with residents including periodic management committee meetings and onward general meetings where applicable.
13. We provide company secretarial duties including administering company records etc.
We provide an in house service being a one stop shop in all aspects of property management relying on our experienced long standing and professional staff.